According to Steve I'm expected list 8 things under each of these headings.
8 TV shows I watch on occasion
Okay - boring fact #1, unlike Steve I do have a TV, 5 to be exact. Three of them are pretty cool HDs and one is 60"HD DLP. What I don't have is cable or satellite. I have an antenna stuck in the attic so what little I watch I get on the Antenna or I watch a DVD. In the average week I will watch -maybe- 45 min. of TV. Most weeks it is less. (I do get in a DVD movie every other month or so)
1. Red Dwarf
2. Red Green
3. American Idol (We're still deciding whether we'll watch it this year or not.)
4. A little bit of Family Feud (while I sit in the lazy boy and eat supper).
5. Masterpiece Theater
6. (Oh man, I'm getting a headache trying to think of another one.)
7. Nature (I'm sure glad it says "on occasions" up there.)
8. Matlock (while I sit in the lazy boy and eat lunch.)
8 favorite places to eat and drink
(Are you still here - wasn't that boring enough for you?) Now we're talking food - I can relate to that - as long as it's cheap.
1. Home - my wife is a good cook and is constantly coming up with something new and different.
2. Leger's Deli - You have to live or come to the Salt Lake City area to find one, but their sandwiches are to die for - and I would say that even if it wasn't owned by my daughter and her husband. Really!
3. The Seafood Buffet at the Rio Casino in Las Vegas - Don't get to Vegas much any more but if I do that's where you'll find me.
4. Subway - Hey, $5.00 foot long sandwiches??? What's not to love? And I can get two meals out of one of those, besides they give me points so eventually I get a free one.
5. Famous Dave's - Okay, I haven't been there for a while because my wife and doctor would yell at me, but I'd like to.
6. Olive Garden - Especially when they've got the all you can eat soup and salad deal.
7. Chuck-A-Rama - Good old fashioned Chuck-wagon buffet.
8. McGrath's Fish House
Gosh, do I have to stop @ 8
8 things I look forward to (NOT necessarily in this order)
1. Retirement - Only a few months away.
2. Spending quality time with my wife. (See #1 above)
3. Spending more time driving my kids crazy. (See #1 above)
4. Spending more time with my grandchildren - and photographing them. (See #1 above)
5. Camping in our new (used) 5th wheel. (See #1 & #2 above)
6. Riding my bike and walking with my wife more. (See #1 & #2 above)
7. Meeting Jesus in person. (After I'm dead - or before if He wants)
8. Serving a mission for my church. (See #1 & #2 above)
8 things I love about winter
1. Hoarfrost (Photographing)
2. Snow (Photographing)
3. Ice in rivers and streams (Photographing)
4. Sleigh riding with grandchildren (Photographing)
5. Fog (Photographing)
6. Hot Chocolate
7. Snuggling under the blankets
8. Sitting by the fireplace with Hot Chocolate
8 things on my wish list
1. A million dollars.
2. Another million dollars.
3. The brains and idea to get a million dollars.
4. The ability to get by on an hour or two less sleep every night.
5. Perfect health - I'm really very healthy anyway.
6. Delicious food that is fat and cholesterol free with plenty of fiber.
7. World peace - Okay, I got that idea from Miss America, but I like it.
8. Perfect health and safety for all my family and friends.
8 things I am passionate about
1. My wife, our kids and their kids
2. God & Jesus
3. The Book of Mormon (My favorite place to learn about God & Jesus)
6. Travel (So I can photograph and blog about it)
8. My wife – without her none of the rest would really matter much.
8 things I have learned from the past
1. My mouth is the most dangerous and troublesome part of my body.
2. Most people are inherently good.
3. People just want to feel important.
4. People just want to be happy.
5. People are more important than things.
6. Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved. (Quote from Thomas S. Monson)
7. It is better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. (Old and true saying)
8. Nobody ever died wishing they had spent more time at work. (Another one of those old and true sayings)
8 things I want/need (These are all wants – I have everything I need)
1. More money so I can travel more and farther and meet people.
2. A new truck to pull my RV.
3. More time to do all the things I want to do on my bucket list.
4. Another radio controlled flash
5. A housekeeper so my wife and I can spend more time together.
6. A personal secretary to get me organized.
7. My distant kids to live closer.
8. More visitors to my blog every day.
8 people I want to tag
1. Hootin Anni @ Hootin Anni;s
2. Mrs. Mecomber @ New York Traveler
3. Jessica @ Quotidian Photography
4. Penny @ Picture Imperfect
5. Robert Weber @ Stare at the Stars
6. Connie Babe @ My Life. . .One Picture at a Time
7. Liss @ Taking The Scenic Route
8. Cheryl @ Life is What You Make It
For the "lucky" 8 who I tagged, please post a comment to let us know when your answers are on your blog so we can go and learn about you. As always, any and all non-abusive comments are encouraged by everybody.
I love hearing from my visitors! Don't be shy - leave a comment.